Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Portrait

So far, I've been lucky enough to work on many different jobs and projects with varying subjects and situations. Sometimes the subject is jewelry, or fashion, sometimes food, finials, or handbags, and it's all been a very good way to discover what works and what I enjoy. While I continue to work in several genres, I love fashion and beauty, one thing I have discovered is that I will always feel that taking a portrait is like home. There is nothing that compares to getting an honest moment from another person whether they are a friend or a stranger, although with a friend there is already a sense of trust and ease. This portrait is of my friend Chelsea, although we were just getting to know each other when this was taken. This is one that has been waiting patiently on my G-drive for a year.

1 comment: